Sunday, December 21, 2008
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
10. I can't draw a straight line to save my life
9. I was just trying to bang some life back into my pen, and this happened
8. It runs in the family. And not that many of us were ever institutionalized, at least for long, so it can't be that bad...
7. Chicks dig dots
6. I thought this was a drywalling class
5. It's so weird, somebody's gotta wanna buy it
4. If I screw up, the mistakes are so small nobody'll notice 'em anyway
3. It's wonderfully therapeutic and relaxing, I've become a much calmer, kinder person- Waddya mean I've still got a ways to go? HUH? WADDYA MEAN BY THAT??!!
2. Hey, I may be legally blind, but at least I qualify for disability now
1. Helen Hunt said it best, on Mad About You: I'm not nuts- I'm THOROUGH.
Tuesday, December 09, 2008
Aleta Wynn Yarrow, Guardians
Acrylic; 18" x 36"
More on quiet places, time alone at G. C. Myers’ Redtree Times.
Wednesday, December 03, 2008
Tuesday, December 02, 2008
Monday, December 01, 2008
Ink, Graphite, Charcoal; 5 5/16" x 2 5/16"
Looking for unframed work for the show at WEG, I found a few other things I'd forgotten. Time and distance bring new perspective- Not always kind, but usually instructive. And sometimes, there are pleasant surprises, too.
Elsewhere, things are going swimmingly at Lara Pawson's new blog, Museum of Doubt. And yes, that's a Markie, and I'm honored.
New to the links list is G. C. Myers' blog Redtree Times. RT is very Gary: Thoughtful, engaging, encouraging, generous with reflection and insight into his approach to artmaking and the life of a working artist. Good stuff.
Good stuff too at Gloom Cupboard #69: New poems by Justin Hyde, Emily Smith, Alishya Almeida, Mignon Ariel King, and my drawing-and-text Lost Dream.